The Great Pivot
- The Great Pivot – college into professional world
- Building Greatness – hockey program vision
- Leadership – big part of their culture
- Confirmed for me that student-athletes can make great hires. Being part of a team culture at this age is so beneficial – day in and out – demonstrating the skills and behaviors teams/businesses need to be successful.
- The “Great Pivot” is filled with uncertainly and a great time for “mentors” to provide guidance and support as young adults figure out their path.
- Great teams always have their purpose, values and standards front and center. Coach Cavanaugh’s Values align with Smith Brothers – respect, trust, humility, fun and impact – all at the core of building greatness.
- To be a high achieving individual, team and/or company – it’s all about the “reps” – doing, learning, growing – while others are merely thinking about it.