Smith Brothers Insurance is the endorsed provider of Employment Practices Liability Insurance.
What is EPLI Coverage?
- EPLI protects an employer against claims made by employees, former employees and even potential employees.
- It covers discrimination (age, sex, race, disability, religion, natural origin, etc.), wrongful termination of employment, harassment, retaliation, and a wide range of other employment related allegations.
Why do I need EPLI Coverage?
- Three out of five employers are sued by former employees.
- 10% of claims that make it to court have a settlement of over $1M.
- Over 40% of employment-related claims are brought against private employers with under 100 employees.
- 47% of plaintiff verdicts are between $100k and $500k with an average cost of defense of $150k.
What would I receive?
- Unlimited access to a toll-free hotline plus the ability to e-mail questions online.
- Sample HR policies regarding discrimination, harassment, employment-at-will and electronic communications.
- Free Risk Management Tools.
- Full prior acts available.
- Defense outside the limit.
- Access to a Business Resource Center.
For an estimate please contact Scott Garcia at 860-430-3330 or email at SGarcia@SmithBrothersUSA.com
This program has been designed by Smith Brothers Insurance, LLC. – a leading provider of insurance and risk management products for law firms – and endorsed by CATIC PRO, Inc., a subsidiary of CATIC Financial, Inc. and a sister company to CATIC – a leading provider of Title Insurance.